Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Eating the right kind of breakfast energizes your body and activates the system. If you are on a weight gain plan, then breakfast is the best meal of the day to pump lots of calories into the body. That doesn’t mean you load a toast with tons of butter or cheese and you’re done! An ideal weight gain breakfast must be healthy and nutritious, containing between 200 and 300 calories per serving.
To make it easy for you, we have compiled a list of 9 healthy breakfast ideas for weight gain! Try these tasty and delicious recipes to reach your weight goals fast!
9 breakfast ideas for weight gain that are healthy and delicious:
Here are some of the best breakfast options to eat in the morning to put on a few pounds:
Whole Wheat Avocado Toast Sunny Side Up:
If you love eggs and avocado, you’ll love this delicious toast that combines two of your favorite dishes. The wholegrain avocado toast is super easy to make and keeps you full for a long time. Avocados are high-calorie foods and high in healthy fats. So if you add a fried egg, this dish will be even more filling and nutritious.
- Wholemeal Bread – 2 slices
- Ripe Avocado – ½ fruit mashed or sliced
- Eggs – 2
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – for drizzling
- First toast the bread slices on both sides and set aside
- Now take a bowl and add the avocado slices or mash
- Add pepper, salt, chilli flakes, lemon juice and mix well
- Take a pan and add some oil
- Once the oil is hot, crack an egg and add it
- Fry it on the side for a nice “sunny side up.”
- Now make two servings for two slices of bread
- Assemble your toast by placing the slice on the bottom
- Layer with avocado puree, fried egg and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top
- Drizzle with some olive oil and you’re good to go!
- Nutrition: Approximately 450 calories for 2 servings
Cheese Omelette with Kale Mushroom Filling:
A tasty and nutritious omelet is the perfect way to start the day. To make a regular omelet even better, try adding some cheese, kale, and mushrooms for extra flavor and nutrients. The result is a gooey, fluffy omelette that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. This protein-rich dish not only helps you gain weight, but also improves muscle mass.
- Eggs – 2
- Mushrooms – ½ cup Chopped lengthwise
- Kale – 1 cup chopped
- Shredded Cheese – ½ cup
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Crack two eggs in a bowl and whisk well
- Take a pan and heat some oil
- Add mushrooms, making sure they don’t stick to each other
- Once they change color and become crispy, add chopped kale and mix well
- After 1-2 minutes, turn off the heat and season the mixture with a little salt and pepper
- In the same pan, you can add 1 tbsp oil and pour in the egg mixture
- Select one half of the egg to add grated cheese and let the other half cook
- Now add the mushroom and kale mixture to the cheese
- Once the egg is properly cooked, fold the omelette, cheesy side down
- Transfer the omelette to a plate and serve hot along with toast
- Nutrition: Approximately 360 calories for 1 serving
Creamy Banana Peanut Butter Porridge:
Start your day with this delicious and creamy porridge. Not only is this dish quick and easy to prepare, but it’s also packed with flavor and nutrients. With a generous helping of bananas and peanut butter, the porridge will fill you up with energy and keep you full all morning. Each serving of oatmeal contains around 370 calories, making it one of the best breakfast ideas for those looking to gain weight.
- Oatmeal – 1/2 cup
- Banana – 1 medium sliced
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Water/vegan milk or milk – 1 cup (you can also use a water and milk mixture)
- Peanut Butter – 1 heaping tbsp
- Pour water or milk into a pan and turn on the heat
- Now add oatmeal, cinnamon powder and half a portion of banana slices
- Let everything cook well until you get a soft, mushy mixture
- Keep stirring, making sure there are no lumps
- As soon as the oatmeal becomes fluffy, remove from the heat
- Add a generous amount of peanut butter and mix well
- Garnish with some chia seeds, banana slices, etc. for better taste
- Nutrition: 370 calories per serving
Mixed Vegetable Wholemeal Paratha:
If you’re a fan of parantha, you’ll be happy to know that it’s one of the best Indian breakfast options for those looking to gain weight. With a little simple preparation and practice, you can enjoy delicious and nutritious paranthas for lunch right at home. Simply substitute whole wheat flour for white flour and add some ghee for extra flavor and nutrients. Try adding a healthy mix of veggies like carrots, onions, cauliflower, etc. to get your daily dose of nutrients.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Mixed Vegetables – 1 cup finely chopped
- Amchur Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 pinch
- Coriander – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- water for mixing
- Make a firm and elastic dough from wheat flour and water
- Divide the dough into 2-3 balls and set aside
- Now heat some oil in a pan
- Add the vegetables and cook until tender
- Season the mixture with salt, turmeric, chilli powder and amchur powder
- Add the coriander and let the mixture cool
- Now take a ball of dough and flatten it into a small disc
- Place the vegetable mixture in the center of the disc
- Fold the ends to form a ball
- Dip it in some flour and coat it with ghee to keep it from sticking
- Now roll the ball into a flat roti
- Fry on both sides in a hot pan and drizzle with some ghee
- Serve it hot with some cucumber and cottage cheese
- Nutrition: about 250 calories per piece
Homemade Sweet Potato Hash Brown:
Sweet potatoes add a healthy twist to traditional English hash browns. These delicious treats will make your weight gain breakfast chart more interesting and nutritious. The crunchy exterior complements the soft interior, so you’ll crave it every day. The best part? This high-carb breakfast recipe is super easy to make and packed with nutrients!
- Sweet potatoes – 2
- Mixture of vegetable oil and butter – as needed for frying (you can use a 1:1 ratio)
- Garlic Powder – 1 teaspoon
- egg – 1
- Chili flakes – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- pepper – 1 tbsp
- Finely grate the sweet potatoes
- Now add 1 egg, garlic powder, salt, egg, chilli flakes, pepper and mix well
- In a skillet, add a generous amount of oil and butter to fry the hash browns
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and drop it into the oil to shallow fry
- Flatten it with a trowel to get a “cake”.
- Fry on both sides and wipe up excess fat with a kitchen towel
- Serve them hot with some homemade sauce
- Nutrition: about 140 calories per piece
Frequently asked Questions:
How Many Calories Should I Eat Daily to Gain Weight?
Answer: Experts recommend a high-calorie diet to gain weight. That means adding at least 500+ calories per day on top of your normal calorie count. For faster weight gain, you need at least 700-1000 more calories. Use a calorie checker to get the exact calorie count for your current weight and BMI.
Can a thin person gain weight?
Answer: Unless you have medical problems or a family history of having thin frames, you can definitely gain some weight. You need to pump more calories by eating more often. Eat nutritious foods instead of junk foods that provide empty calories. Also, take up moderate exercise like weight training to help build muscle along with weight gain.
How Many Pounds Can I Gain With Weight Gain Foods Per Week?
Answer: If you stick to the required calorie count for the weight goals you set, then expect to gain about 0.5 to 0.5 kg per week. To do this, you must consume at least 500 kcal more than your regular limit. Anything above this number is abnormal and not considered “safe”.